Saturday, September 5, 2009

New Rims (well, new to me!)

Yesterday I got my set of 07 STI rims I picked up on NASIOC.   For the low price of 375$ shipped I now have a nice (well, nice enough.. lol) set of winter and RallyX rims:
 
And:
 
 So they have a little bit of road rash but overall, not to bad.  Now I just need to get some winter rubber for them.  After a bit of research and a little bit of price shock, I think I'm probably going to end up with the General Altimax Arctic.  Its got excellent ratings on Tirerack by other subie owners, other RallyX drivers seem to like it on Dirty Impreza and it seems it also durable has a pretty good tread life as well.  Did I mention their made in Germany as well?

Now I only need to figure out how to get brake dust of the rims that sees to be welded on.

No comments:

Post a Comment